It was during 2013 that I attended a workshop on organic food gardening. Soon after I tried my first veggie garden at home – and it worked. I was amazed to find how a small garden can provide in our family’s needs. It changed my life! It became a passion!
As a fervent advocate for environmental caring I decided to share my knowledge and experience with others. Organic gardening has much to do with ecological restoration. I had read many articles and other sources on organic food gardening. I started with two very basic and simple practical workshops for younger school children. It was a great success. But then the parents got interested and suddenly I was presenting more workshops one after the other for adults. I developed my own workshop material and now I live out my passion – enabling others to establish their own veggie gardens.
We enable families, schools, churches and NPO’s to establish and maintain their own organic vegetable gardens to become self-sufficient in providing their own food.
- Environmental Caring – taking the environment into consideration when gardening.
- Low Cost – keeping costs as low as possible, making use of recyclable materials.
- Simplicity – keeping things simple and effective.
- Wellness – celebrating life through enjoyment and fulfilment of gardening.
- Reaching out to schools, churches and NPO’s countrywide establishing veggie gardens on their premises through workshops.
- Reaching out to disadvantaged communities enabling them to grow their own food.